Most Cooperative Club in the Redlands Netball Association 2015.
Thunderbolts is affiliated with the Redlands Netball Association, and is based at the Pinklands Sporting Ground at Thornlands. All teams train weekly at Pinklands.
We welcome players from all parts of the Redlands, including Cleveland, Ormiston, Birkdale, Wellington Point, Thornlands, Victoria Point, Redland Bay, Sheldon, Mt Cotton, Alexandra Hills and Capalaba. We cater for players of all ages - from 7 years of age to Seniors (open age).
A modified rules version of Netball is available for children from 7 years and under,this is now called Net Set Go. Players from 10 years, play in modified rules games each Saturday. Players from 11 years play with full rules.
We are committed to the development of our players, coaches and umpires, and we actively promote and value the involvement of parents in our activities - we encourage and welcome your input and feedback.
We have an exciting range of shirts, jackets, visors and other merchandise to compliment our already fabulous dress design as well as supporters shirts, all is revealed by clicking on the Shop tab..
We welcome new and continuing players - click on the Registration tab. Please check regularly in the Members Info for updates and important information.
Useful information is also available at the Redlands Netball Association or Netball Queensland websites.
Our goals for 2016 include:
Development of quality coaches through:
- Running coaching information sessions
- Develop mentoring programs
- Attending coaching activities
- Have a calendar of coaching courses/events
- Develop Resources page/list of available resources
- Conduct clinics
Increase Umpire numbers and improve levels
- Advertising for quality umpires
- Decide optimum level of umpires
- Have a calendar of umpiring courses/events
- Resources page/list of available resources
- Conduct training sessions
Develop and maintain community within Thunderbolts
- Develop the profile of Executive members
- Ensure all communication is timely and relevant
- Run surveys with club members
- Increase benefits to members through fee discounts
- Encourage an easier registration process
- Run social events for club members